Cookies are small text strings that the sites visited by the user send to his terminal (usually to the browser), where they are stored and then retransmitted to the same sites on the next visit by the same user. Cookies are stored, based on user preferences, by the single browser on the specific device used (computer, tablet, smartphone). Based on the characteristics and use, cookies can be divided into several categories:
STRICTLY NECESSARY COOKIES
These are essential cookies to manage the login and access to the reserved functions of the site, typically for the updating of pages by web editors. The duration of these cookies is strictly limited to the work session (once the browser is closed they are deleted). Their deactivation compromises the use of the services accessible from the login. The public part of the site www.milanmedicalcenter.it instead remains normally usable.
“TECHNICAL” COOKIES (OF ANALYSIS AND PERFORMANCE)
These cookies are used to collect and analyze the traffic and use of the site anonymously. These cookies, even without identifying the user, allow, for example, to detect if the same user returns to connect at different times. They also allow you to monitor the system and improve its performance and usability. In some pages of the site www.milanmedicalcenter.it they can store user preferences regarding the font size and the preferred display mode (graphic, high contrast or textual) for the purposes of content accessibility. The deactivation of these cookies can be performed without any loss of functionality.
These are permanent cookies used to identify (anonymously and not) user preferences and improve their browsing experience. The www.milanmedicalcenter.it website does not use this type of cookies.
DURATION OF COOKIES
Some cookies (session cookies) remain active only until the browser is closed or the logout command is executed. Other cookies “survive” when the browser is closed and are also available on subsequent visits by the user. These cookies are called persistent and their duration is set by the server when they are created. In some cases a deadline is set, in other cases the duration is unlimited. Browsing through the pages of the site www.milanmedicalcenter.it, you can interact with sites managed by third parties that can create or modify persistent and profiling cookies.
The user can decide whether or not to accept cookies using the settings of his browser. The total or partial disabling of technical cookies does not compromise the use of the features of the www.milanmedicalcenter.it site. The setting can be defined specifically for the different websites and web applications. Here are the web resources that illustrate how to proceed for each of the main browsers:
- Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=it
- Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/it/kb/Gestione%20dei%20cookie
- Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/it-it/help/17442/windows-internet-explorerdelete-manage-cookies
- Work: http://help.opera.com/Windows/10.00/it/cookies.html
- Safari: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1677?viewlocale=it_IT
THIRD PARTY COOKIES
By visiting a website you can receive cookies both from the visited site (“owners”) and from sites managed by other organizations (“third parties”). An example are the social plugins of Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and LinkedIn. These are parts of the visited page generated directly by the aforementioned sites and integrated into the host site page. The most common use of social plugins is aimed at sharing content on social networks. The presence of these plugins involves the transmission of cookies to and from all sites managed by third parties. The management of the information collected by “third parties” is governed by the relevant information to which please refer. To ensure greater transparency and convenience, the web addresses of the various information and methods for managing cookies are shown below:
- Information Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/help/cookies/ (configuration): access your account. Privacy section
- Information Twitter: https://support.twitter.com/articles/20170514 (configuration): access your account. Settings, Security and Privacy section
- Disclosure LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/legal/cookie-policy (configuration): access your account. Account and Settings menu, Privacy and settings
- Information Google+: http://www.google.it/intl/it/policies/technologies/cookies/ (configuration): http://www.google.it/intl/it/policies/technologies/managing/
- Disclosure Pinterest: https://about.pinterest.com/it/privacy-policy
- Instagram: https://instagram.com/legal/cookies/
For the My e-Doctor service, third-party cookies are used that are necessary for the service to function. To ensure greater transparency and convenience, we report below the web addresses of the various information notices:
- Setmore information: https://www.setmore.com/privacy (paragrafo Cookies)
- Teleport.video information: https://teleport.video/w/cookiepolicy
- Stripe information: https://stripe.com/cookies-policy/legal